“Serve Maple Ridge Day”!
We’ve been praying together for God’s blessing on Ridge Meadows. Can we now be hands and feet to bless the city in the name of Christ?
Tessa DeBruyne of Christian Life Assembly is blessing us all by doing the prep work. Thank you, Tessa! All we have to do is show up at the CLA Maple Ridge parking lot at one of these times:
● Group 1: 8:30am – 11:30am
● Group 2: 9:30am – 12:30pm
BBQ lunch will be served afterwards according to COVID safety regulations.
What will we do? You may choose one of these ways to serve, or other random acts of kindness in Jesus name:
● Graffiti cover-up
● Litter pick-up
● Drug paraphernalia pick-up
● Lawn mowing
● Blessing essential workers (dropping off coffee to police and fire departments)
● Street ministry (handing out water + basic necessities)
● Car wash
Please read Tessa’s great letter to Ridge-Meadows pastors here. Encourage your pastor to promote and participate with and in your congregation. And pray for breakthroughs of love and grace in Jesus name!
Mark 10:45 – “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Then what? What if each congregation prayed to identify one need in the community? What if they made that need a central ministry focus of their church?
If your congregation did this, which community need do you think would rise to the top for loving action?
What might we do together?
- Would you be willing to gather inter-church support for a “love my city” campaign? (Local media report.)
- Would you be willing to gather inter-church support to hand out candy with a brochure overviewing ministries of the Body of Christ during the Maple Ridge Christmas Parade or Pitt Meadow’s Day Parade?